Thursday, April 26, 2012

Praying today

Yesterday was a hectic day.  It started out good.  Kids were doing school without crying or complaining. 
Then my mom called me and told me my father in law was having chest pain and I needed to go down there.  She had called 911 and we live close to him so I could get there before my dad (who he called). 
So, I went to his house and waiting with him until the life squad came.  I rode with him in the life squad so he didn't have to be alone.  Now, that's something I don't ever want to have to repeat.
It's funny how you think you know how you will react when something happens. 
You know?
Like, I know exactly what to do in a situation like this.  I've read about it.  I've taken classes on it.
Well, guess what?  When it came time to put things into action, I called my sister.  She's a nurse and I knew that if he needed CPR I wanted someone who would definitely be able to perform.
Thankfully, he didn't and she was just there to keep me sane.  
I love my family and that they always come through for me when I need them. God has blessed me with an amazing family (and extended family through my husband).
My father in law is an amazing, kind, loving man.  My kids love him.  We all love him. 
Thankfully he is doing okay today but we are praying big prayers for him.  He definitely had a heart attack and they are going to do an angiogram to find the blockage.
There are days when I wish I lived in an earlier time period.  You know, like Little House on the Prairie times. 
But, then something like this happens and I realize how blessed we are to live when we do.  Medical advance is one of those reasons.
So, today I am thanking God for saving my father-in-laws life and for keeping my family safe.
Keep your families close and
Happy Homeschooling.

No comments:

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\